11 January 2016

peacocky

the other day my shopping list included stationery. {kids, stationery is what people used for sending emails before there was electricity.} i was at target, perusing the offerings. they have many fine offerings, ranging from cute kitty cats to sophisticated abstract graphics. i considered and mulled and pondered and in the end, chose these:


i apologize for making you look at them sideways but in my defense, i am too lazy to fix the picture. in case you can't tell, it's a peacock. why did i choose a peacock? it just spoke to me. yes, literally. NO you dumbass, not literally. the design on the notecard metaphorically spoke to my sensibilities. caught my eye. appealed to my tastes. fenged my shui.

so i bought them, took them home, and put them on the side table right beside this:


again, i apologize for the snapshot's orientation, but i can't be bothered. in case you can't tell, it's a journal emblazoned with the design of a peacock. i had consciously forgotten i had this peacock journal and was pleasantly surprised to see i had purchased notecards whose design is in keeping a stationery item already in my collection. i suppose i subconsciously remembered that i had it, said subconscious being aided by the list in my hand which was penned by my hand on a page from the very journal.

so. what's with the peacocks?

i've done a bit of research on such notable websites as whats-your-sign.com, signology.com, and shamanicjourney.com. all agree that the peacock is a symbol of dignity, strength, glory, beauty, and watchfulness. huh. auspicious. according to these worthy wells of knowledge, i can access these attributes if the peacock is my power animal.

so. obviously, i took a couple of quizzes to find out. according to one quiz, i am either an owl or a fox, and on the other, i am a wolf. no mention of peacock anywhere.

on the wolf quiz, i scored in the 88% percentile on "nobility". pretty sure that means i should be wearing a tiara, and tiaras are peacocky, so i am taking that as justification for my having selected peacock-emblazoned stationery items.

under the chart that showed my nobility score was a list of other quizzes i could take. the list included the "what kind of diaper are you" quiz.

oh, helloquizzy.com... whence nobility?



No comments:

Post a Comment